Wedding Countdown Ticker

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Dress Shopping... take 2

Dress Shopping - part II was a much better experience than part I! This weekend we (Mom, V, JB's Mom, JB's younger sis, and I) went to Jon's Bridal in Allentown to look at some dresses. They had chairs for the peanut gallery, someone to help put on/take off the dresses, and they actually paid attention to us and didn't scoff at my commentary. After trying on about 20 dresses, Roxy (the lovely lady who helped me... and listened to my commentary) had me re-try the "maybe" ones to narrow the choices down to a top 3. Since then, I have actually narrowed it to a top 2 to look at when I go back to reconsider.

The peanut gallery enjoyed mimosas during the parade of dresses. While they obviously had opinions, they didn't really share many thoughts loud enough for me to hear them.

Overall, this was a successful trip. I tried on some dresses that previously would have fallen into the "won't consider" list and actually ended up liking them. Note to self, revise the "absolutely not" list before next weekend's appointment. Now I just have to convince Dad to come back to the store to see the dresses. He's always been my go-to person for what to wear for dressy occasions. (For prom, I bought two dresses to take home to show him and returned the one he didn't like. :-) The one I kept has been very useful over the last.... __ *cringe* number of years.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is where Sarah got her Dress, and even all of the bridemaids got a discount there to. You should really convince Uncle Joe to go back to Jon's Bridal to pick out your dress. We had wonderful service there. Cheryl was the one that helped Sarah pick out her dress. They are so unlike David's Bridal only because they look at what kind of dresses you are picking out and have very conservative compliments. GO BACK TO JON'S BRIDAL!!!!!!!!!