Wedding Countdown Ticker

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Dress Shopping... take 4

Today we went to Classic Weddings in Lititz. This shop caught my interest because they advertise modest wedding gowns. Woo Hoo... something with straps... or maybe even with sleeves. Indeed they do have some gowns that have sleeves. Unfortunately, (or fortunately for my decision making process) these weren't really what I was looking for once I had them on. The sleeves were very movement restrictive.

This trip was a little different than the others. Since this one was much further away, I had less scheduling flexibility and wasn't able to accommodate everyone's needs. So, the peanut gallery this time included Mom, Veronica, Julia, and Dad. Yes, not only did Dad come along, he even looked at dresses! I ended up writing down 4 "finalists" at this shop. However, of the four, I have since eliminated one and the others are all by a designer that I can get at the shop in Quakertown. The people seemed nice. I learned some interesting info about dress lengths. All in all, I'm glad I went but it probably won't be the final choice as it is quite a drive.

Funny side story from this trip: One of the dresses I picked to try on was vastly too small. I don't think the lady intended to insult me but she told me not to worry about that style because the shape would accentuate my hips and thighs and you don't want to highlight large thighs. Thanks. Me and my large thighs will find another dress.

While we were out in the area, it was impossible to pass up a trip to Shady Maple! We had a great lunch following our shopping expedition.

No comments: